A Laser is a medical device that produces very narrow and intense beams of light which are monochromatic, coherent, and highly collimated.
Laser hair removal targets the melanin in your hair. The melanin absorbs the light causing a heat reaction in the hair follicle destroying the hair and rendering it unable to produce a new hair. Because the Laser’s light is attracted to dark colours the darker the hair the more effective the treatment. Grey or white hair has no melanin and therefore cannot be treated effectively.
Hair removal Laser is a proven effective and safe method of removing unwanted hair. It is a quick and relatively painless procedure offering an alternative to waxing, depilatories and electrolysis. Advanced laser hair removal technology is popular for men and women and it is widely used for aesthetic or therapeutic purposes (folliculitis, hidradenitis suppurativa).
Your Laser Hair Removal Questions Answered
- Laser hair removal side effects are minimal and not long-term. They usually can be seen fairly rapidly after the treatment. If you had no side effects after the treatment, they will not show up years later.
- There is no age or body area restriction.
- The only anesthesia that is used in sensitive areas (upper lip), is a topical cream that helps to relieve discomfort by numbing the skin.
- The number of sessions required will depend upon the hair density, color, skin type and treatment area, together with ethnic background and hormones.Generally, in such areas as neck and face, hair growth is persistent so it is difficult to say the number of sessions required.
- The frequency of treatments depends on body area and varies from 6-12 weeks.
- It is a quick and painless medical procedure alternative to waxing, depilatories and electrolysis.
- The Syneron – Candela Gentlelase 755nm Alexandrite hair removal Laser (755 nm) is recognized globally as being one of the most efficient devices for hair elimination. It is especially effective due to its inbuilt cooling (DCD) equipment that allows to be used safely on darker skin complexions in addition to Caucasian skin types.