There are two main processes that induce skin aging: intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic (chronologic) aging is influenced by internal physiological factors (physiologic functions and capacities) and extrinsic aging (photoaging) by many external factors (air pollution ultra-violet radiation, cigarette smoking).
Oxidative stress from endogenous or exogenous sources can trigger the chain reaction, which leads to accelerated aging process of cells and organisms – diminished or defective synthesis of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in the dermis.
Anti-aging medicine has come to play an increasingly important and preventive role using a large variety of aesthetic procedures and products.
These aesthetic procedures include:
- Vitamins A, C, E and retinol.
- Antioxidants, such as resveratrol, alpha-lipoic acid, glutathione, green tea extract.
- Hydrolyzed collagen and hyaluronic acid..
- Special Peels (DNA repairing Peel – ferulic peel).
- Nanotechnology cosmetic products. With nanotechnology, active ingredients are encapsulated in liposomes, which protect the active molecule and increase penetration into the deeper layers of the skin to the targeted area. .
- Autologous platelet rich plasma (PRP).
- Telomere Length Supplements(Repair DNA damage and rejuvenate aging immune systems