Botox is a protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
In Aesthetic Dermatology, Botoxis the most popular cosmeticprocedure and
the best preparation forremovalof facialwrinkles.
Truths and facts about Botox – Botox myths uncovered
- Wrinkles don’t just affect women, so it only makes sense that wrinkle treatments can be used by both men and women. BOTOX® is FDA-approved for patients aged 18 to 65.
- Botox, has the ability to repair the appearance of aged skin, delay and help prevent signs of skin aging.
- There is no limit as to how many times you can have Botox during your life time.
- The botox course of action is transient, fully reversible and ranges from 4-6 months on average.
- The full effects of BOTOX or Dysport become visible within 10 to 15 days of treatment.
- An ultra-fine needle is used to perform the injections, so the procedure is not painful even though no localized numbing is necessary.
- The number of injections you need will depend by the type and severity the wrinkles being treated.
- Deep wrinkles can be improved with hyaluronic acid incombination with Botox