Polydioxanone (PDO) a bio-absorbablematerial that has been used so far in Cardiovascular Surgery. The sutures are completely absorsbed in a range of 8-12 months.
PDO (polydioxanone) Threads Lift is the latest and revolutionary non-surgical treatment for skin tightening and lifting.
The PDO thread is inserted into the subcutaneous layer of the skin through a very fine needle. Many threads are required in order to give the lift and collagen stimulation.
There are two main types of threads used:Free floating cogged or barbed threads which do not need to be suspended in order to hold the lift.Smooth or suspension threads (POD COG) which need to be anchored to a stable structure of the face or scalp.
Which body areas can be treated with the PDO Thread Lift?
- Upper arms.
The PDO threads offer a number of specific advantages:
- It is an absolutely ”safe” treatment. No major side effects were observed except a few cases cases of hematoma or edema formation.
- Each session lasts aproximately 20-30 minutes.
- Generally, it isn’t a painful procedure so numbness has no obvious cause.
- You can immediately resume your daily activities.
- There is an immediate improvement seen after the procedure but the treatment’s effect achieves its peak about 4-6 months later, when collagen has formed around the threads.
- About two weeks after the treatment, PDO Thread Lift can be combined with other aesthetic treatments including Botox Dermal Fillers Radiofrequency and laser.