The diagnosis of skin diseases in children has certain peculiarities.
Some skin conditions only occur in childhood or manifest differently than in adults..
For this reason it is necessary the diagnosis and therapeutic approach of a specialized Dermatologist.
What cases are more common in childhood:
- Atopic dermatitis is a common, chronic, relapsing, inflammatory skin disease that more often affects young children.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis is a common inflammatory skin disease characterized by fine scaling and erythema. It usually appears in the first 10 weeks of life and occurs predominantly on the scalp (cradle cap) and upper face.
- Acne is the most common skin condition that occurs especially during puberty. It is a chronic inflammatory disorder of pilosebaceus follicle that appears like a rash on different areas on the face and body.
- Fungal infections – Pediculosis.
- Hemangiomas and vascular malformations. .
- Viral infections such as warts and molluscum contagiosum.